Tuesday, October 27, 2009

10 for Tuesday

1) Grandma Lougee visited with my in-laws for a week so Gary and I went over to visit with her. She lives in Prineville, OR.
2) We have been making a lot of progress on our house with unpacking. We still have a couple, but the majority of them are gone.
3) We bought an entertainment center at the Salvation Army that we needed to pick up within 7 days and since we couldn't fit it into the van we had to schedule with our friend who has a truck to come and pick it up on Friday. We also had our home teachers come and help us move it into the house. They had a hard time getting it though the doors and down the steps, but they made it and I think it looks really nice down in the basement. After they moved the entertainment center our home teachers gave us a little message before they left.

4) We also bought a coffee table and an end table that is the same color as the piano which look really nice in the living room. Here are a couple of pictures.


5) It rained all day on Saturday, but we managed to plant our Swamp Chestnut Oak Shade Tree that we got for free before it really poured in the back yard.
6) We cleaned the house top to bottom. We steamed cleaned all the carpets and stairs in the basement and mopped the one unfinished room.
7) On Sunday I had a couple of Young Women meetings that I went to after church and then there was a "Why I served" fireside that we attended. The branch president of the Deaf branch and his wife who both went on missions spoke at the fireside to the YW & YM. The branch president is hearing, but his wife is deaf. It was a good fireside.
8) The Fall leaves are so beautiful right now. In our back yard we have these beautiful trees with bright yellow leaves. I will have to take some pictures and share them.
9) Okay, so this is a little out of order but on Thursday Gary and I had Kendo and our writers group. I'm really enjoying it. I am slowly getting better at it.
10) Well, that's all for this week.

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Everything seems to be coming together nicely!

    ReplyDelete